Norfolk, VA 23510
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Raleigh, NC 27601
Clemson, SC 29631
Richmond, VA 23220
Baltimore, MD 21202
To inquire about our work or about opportunities to collaborate with our company contact Daina Januska.
Senior Interior Design
Hanbury is searching for a Senior Interior Designer in our Baltimore, Norfolk or Richmond Office. Candidate must possess strong design skills to handle multiple projects and project types including Civic & Community, Science & Technology and Higher Education.
As part of the team, you will:
- Provide services associated with creating interior design concepts and presentations, including programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration
- Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- Provide project team coordination for finish plan, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Serves as client liaison
- Works on Interior Lead as well as Architectural Lead projects
- Oversees/mentors a staff of Interns and Junior Interior Designers
- Knowledge on specification writing
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited college or university mandatory
- NCIDQ Preferred
- LEED or Well Certified a plus
- 7 – 12 years experience
- Experience in all aspects of the Design/Contract Documentation/Contract Administration process
- Experience in managing Client and consultant relationships
- Proficiency in Revit and Adobe Suite; Knowledge of AutoCAD and Enscape and Sketchup
- Knowledge of Lumion is a plus
- Strong graphic and visualization skills as well as strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Portfolio submission required
To apply, send cover letter, resume and portfolio to Anne Bradley.
Designer – New Graduates
Hanbury is looking to hire full time Designers to complement our design teams. Responsibilities will be to advance the mission, goals, strategies and core values of the firm and perform the tasks and duties as assigned and as outlined below:
- Assist in the designing, planning and administration of the construction of buildings and other projects for clients;
- Assist in the preparation at various stages designs, drawings and other documents utilizing computer assisted design software and equipment illustrating the scale and relationship of the project components. Consider environmentally responsible design alternatives, material choices, building orientation, alternative systems and equipment together with program and aesthetics in developing a design that is consistent with the client’s program, schedule and budget;
- Assist in the preparation of Construction Documents for the client’s approval illustrating and describing the further development of the approved Design Development Documents and consisting of drawings and specifications setting forth in detail the quality levels of materials and systems and other requirements for the construction of the work and incorporates into the Construction Documents the design requirements of governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the Project;
- Assist in the coordination with other consultants;
- Assist during the bidding and procurement phase of the project to include the development and preparation of bidding and procurement documents, consideration of requests for substitutions, preparation and distribution of addenda, and preparing a summary report of the results for presentation to the client;
- Assist during the Construction Phase Services. Visit the site at intervals appropriate to the stage of construction, assist in keeping the client reasonably informed about the progress and quality of the work completed and prepares reports. Interprets matters concerning performance and provides additional information to the contractor regarding the construction documents when requested. Assist in reviews of submittals and certifications of amounts due the contractor for work completed. Assist in inspections to determine dates of Substantial and Final completion of the project;
- Collaborate with the design team to achieve quality level on our projects expected by the firm which includes adherence to the HOLISTIC DESIGN PROCESS of Envision, Discover, Iterate, Act.
- Promote the purpose and core values of the firm and perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- A positive, high-energy, collaborative attitude adaptable to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Has a Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an Accredited School
- Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant architecture experience
- Is able to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team
- Inspired and motivated to learn and develop their design skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Revit, Rhino/Sketch-up, and other related design software.
To apply, complete the following form.
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Hanbury’s Richmond office is looking for a Senior Architect to join our team of creative, empathetic, and innovative thinkers with diverse perspectives and skill sets who are addressing some of the greatest challenges and opportunities of our time. The Senior Architect role will be to collaborate with Design Principals and Project Managers for delivery of services, consults with the client to ascertain the goals, objectives and spatial requirements of the project, attends project meetings, communicates with members of the project team and to advance the mission, goals, strategies of the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture and technical knowledge in higher education and civic/community
- Established Virginia Architectural License
- 15+ years of experience within the A/E/C industry
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
We are seeking Laboratory Planners with technical planning expertise in the areas of programming, design, fit-out planning and equipment planning to join our Science + Technology team. Candidate requirements include Bachelor’s degree in architecture and technical knowledge in the laboratory planning and programming of various-sized pharmaceutical, academic research, biotech, agbiotech, or other emerging technical facilities.
Hanbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
APPLY HERE: Please send your letter of interest indicating a preferred office location, resume and digital portfolio to David A. Keith, FAIA
Summer Scholar Program
Established in 2003, the Summer Scholar Program provides a unique opportunity for visiting students and firm professionals to work side by side and learn from each other. The summer includes real project work, trips, lectures and critiques. For more information and to apply for a the program please visit our Summer Scholar Program Page.
Since 2004, we have sought to nurture and stimulate design talent by recognizing distinguished members of architecture, planning, and design academia and inviting them to engage with our staff for several weeks during the summer. For more information and to apply please contact Rob Reis or visit our Design Medalist Page.
All photographs, drawings and renderings on this Web site are copyright protected. They may not be reproduced for any purpose without permission from the artist. For more information, contact Lauren Maloney.